- « Previous 10 Headlines
- Two killed when F-16 collides with small plane over South Carolina
CHARLESTON, S.C. (Reuters) - A U.S. military fighter jet and a small plane collided over South Carolina on Tuesday, authorities said, killing two aboard the private plane while the military pilot ejected safely.
- GREECE LATEST-Merkel awaits Greek plan, holds out prospect of help
July 7 (Reuters) - Following is the latest news on Greece's debt crisis before a euro zone summit billed as the last chance for Athens to cut a rescue deal. All times are in GMT.
- UPDATE 4-Deadly car bombs hit Yemen, day after almost 200 killed
* Spike in violence comes amid U.N. truce efforts (updates with Islamic State claim of responsibility)
- UPDATE 2-Clinton wants access for Puerto Rico to U.S. bankruptcy laws
* Two U.S. senators hope to advance legislation (Adds comments by Blumenthal, Grassley spokeswoman)
- U.S. raises concern over detention of 100 activists in Cuba
WASHINGTON/HAVANA (Reuters) - The U.S. State Department raised concern on Tuesday about the detentions of some 100 peaceful activists in Cuba this week but said it would not slow the restoration of diplomatic relations between Washington and Havana.
- Delayed reporting seen boosting U.S. bond liquidity
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Relaxing the required reporting time for bond trades might help restore some of the liquidity that the $8 trillion U.S. corporate debt market has lost, dealers and large investors said.
- Fitch: US Hospitals Well Positioned for Insurer Consolidation
- Israel says Islamic State's Sinai assault aimed to help Hamas get arms
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel accused Hamas on Tuesday of supporting last week's assaults by Islamic State affiliates on Egyptian forces in the Sinai in hope of freeing up arms smuggling to the Gaza Strip.
- Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
July 7 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Tuesday:
- US STOCKS-Wall St rebounds from losses as oil prices move up
* Indexes: Dow up 0.41 pct, S&P up 0.51 pct, Nasdaq down 0.04 pct (Updates with market gains, comment, updates prices)
- » Next 10 Headlines