- Greeks defy Europe with overwhelming referendum 'No'
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greeks voted overwhelmingly on Sunday to reject terms of a bailout, risking financial ruin in a show of defiance that could splinter Europe.
- Euro slips, bonds rally on Greek upset
SYDNEY (Reuters) - The euro fell sharply in Asia on Monday after polls suggested the Greeks had overwhelmingly rejected austerity measures demanded in return for bailout money, putting in doubt its continued place in the single currency.
- China rolls out emergency measures to prevent stock market crash
BEIJING/SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China's stock markets face a make-or-break week after officials rolled out an unprecedented series of steps at the weekend to prevent a full-blown stock market crash that would threaten the world's second-largest economy.
- Euro markets set for major jolt after Greek 'No', look to ECB for calm
LONDON (Reuters) - European stock and bond markets are set to take a sharp hit on Monday after Greece voted 'No' to harsh bailout conditions, and bankers said the European Central Bank's response was now key to the extent of contagion.
- Chipotle shares could plunge unless growth revives: Barron's
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc <CMG.N> have lost some of their luster recently and unless growth revives at the company, the stock could see a 15 percent to 20 percent plunge, the July 6 edition of Barron's said.
- Zeroing in on empty homes, China throws developers a lifeline
BEIJING (Reuters) - Dismayed by the millions of unsold homes in China's troubled real estate market, the Chinese government is taking matters into its own hands: by buying some properties and turning them into public housing. Like a white knight riding to the rescue of distressed developers, a handful of local governments are snapping up thousands of empty homes at hefty discounts and re-selling them to the country's poorest households.
- Credit Suisse CEO vows action for 'impatient' investors: NZZ
(Reuters) - New Credit Suisse AG <CSGN.VX> Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam has told a Swiss newspaper he wants quick action to implement results of strategic review he is conducting at the Swiss bank.
- Aetna to buy Humana for $37 billion in largest insurance deal
(Reuters) - Health insurer Aetna Inc <AET.N> on Friday said it would buy smaller rival Humana Inc <HUM.N> for about $37 billion in cash and stock, in the largest ever deal in the insurance industry.
- Fiat Chrysler CEO says no news on approach to GM but consolidation good
TURIN (Reuters) - Consolidation continues to be necessary in the auto industry but there is nothing new to report on Fiat Chrysler's <FCHA.MI> <FCAU.N> desire for a tie-up with General Motors <GM.N>, FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne said on Friday.
- UBS has whistleblower deal in Brazil currency investigation: paper
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Swiss lender UBS AG made a whistleblower deal with Brazilian authorities investigating the suspected rigging of Brazil's currency market and will receive no punishment in the case, a local newspaper reported on Friday.
- » Next 10 Headlines