- Dollar, bond yields rise on Fed rate risk
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Asian share markets were in a mixed mood on Wednesday as the mounting risks of a hike in U.S. interest rates as early as next month lifted the dollar and bond yields, pressuring currencies across the region.
- Raising interest rates with zero inflation is a hard sell
LONDON (Reuters) - Americans and Britons bracing for their first interest rate rises in almost a decade are puzzled: why are rates about to go up when there's no inflation?
- Drugmaker Shire bids $30 billion for Baxter spin-off Baxalta
LONDON (Reuters) - Drugmaker Shire <SHP.L> said on Tuesday it was seeking to buy Baxalta <BXLT.N>, a company spun-off by Baxter International <BAX.N> last month, for $30 billion to forge the leading global specialist in rare diseases.
- Greek bank shares plunge for third day, stock market down 1.3 percent
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek bank shares sold off sharply pressure for the third day in a row on Wednesday with the bank sector share index <.FTATBNK> losing 14.8 percent in early deals.
- Apple's momentum 'meltdown' bites investors
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Has the "curse of the Dow" finally caught up with Apple?
- U.S. factory orders rebound on strong demand for aircraft
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - New orders for U.S. factory goods rebounded strongly in June on robust demand for transportation equipment and other goods, a hopeful sign for the struggling manufacturing sector.
- Alibaba pins U.S. growth hopes on Goldman's China rainmaker
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd is hoping a Canadian Olympic gold medallist once tipped to be the next chief executive of Goldman Sachs Group Inc will help them make it big in the United States.
- Oil bulls' hope for quick price dip dimmed by 2020 crude under $70
HOUSTON (Reuters) - As oil prices entered a second steep slide a few weeks ago, bullish traders and analysts had hoped for a repeat of the sharp but short dip that occurred early in the year - a speculative slide below $50 a barrel followed by a quick recovery.
- Exclusive: Boeing loses large satellite deal due to trade credit woes - sources
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Boeing Co <BA.N> is scrambling to find alternate financing for a satellite contract worth "several hundred million dollars" that was scuttled by privately held commercial satellite provider ABS due to uncertainty about the future of the U.S. Export-Import Bank, three sources familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
- Motorola receives $1 billion investment from Silver Lake: NYT
(Reuters) - Walkie-talkie and radio systems maker Motorola Solutions Inc <MSI.N> has received $1 billion in investment from private equity firm Silver Lake, the New York Times reported.
- » Next 10 Headlines