- Actor Jim Parsons takes on heavenly role in 'An Act of God'
NEW YORK (Reuters) - With two winged angels at his side, actor Jim Parsons assumes a divine role as he reveals another story of the six days of creation and issues a revised version of the Ten Commandments in the new Broadway comedy "An Act of God."
- Malian quartet Songhoy Blues sing lovesongs to their homeland in exile
LONDON (Reuters) - Three years ago, the singer of Malian quartet Songhoy Blues was fleeing Islamist militants who had banned all music. This Thursday, his group electrified the crowd with its relentlessly upbeat African rhythms at London's Village Underground venue.
- Lil Wayne tour bus shooting leads to gang charges
ATLANTA (Reuters) - An Atlanta man faces charges including aggravated assault and gang activity for shooting at Grammy-winning rap music star Lil Wayne's tour buses, police said on Friday.
- Toilet brushes and vacuum cleaners turn musical in hands of Nils Frahm
LONDON (Reuters) - Three pianos, a wood pipe organ, a synthesizer and toilet brushes are the standard setup for a show by German experimental composer Nils Frahm.
- Croatia festival to stage Houellebecq play despite security concerns
ZAGREB (Reuters) - The Dubrovnik Summer Festival will go ahead and stage a play by French author Michel Houellebecq, reversing a decision to cancel it after police voiced concerns for security because he has stirred controversy over his critical views of Islam.
- Trevor Noah to take over 'The Daily Show' on September 28
NEW YORK (Reuters) - South African comedian Trevor Noah will replace Jon Stewart as the host of the last-night comedy parody "The Daily Show" on Sept. 28, Comedy Central said on Thursday.
- 'San Andreas' set to shake up box office despite faults
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Director Brad Peyton grilled scientists, scoured earthquake footage and submerged sets in one of the world's biggest water tanks to create the biggest earthquake ever to hit California in his new film "San Andreas."
- Actress Lindsay Lohan taken off probation in driving case, prosecutor says
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actress Lindsay Lohan has completed her community service in a 2012 reckless driving case, a judge found on Thursday, allowing her to leave probation for the first time since 2007, a prosecutor said.
- Singer Ed Sheeran and his 'lazy eye' immortalized in wax
NEW YORK (Reuters) - After six Grammy nominations, several hit songs and numerous sold-out concerts, singer Ed Sheeran donated a few hours to Madame Tussauds sculptors who worked to create his likeness, revealed on Thursday.
- Hungary Cannes sensation may help country face dark past
BUDAPEST (Reuters) - The makers of the award-winning Hungarian film "Son of Saul" said on Thursday they want as many Hungarians as possible to see it in a country that has been plagued by anti-Semitism and xenophobia.
- » Next 10 Headlines