- Tears flow as Grateful Dead say farewell in Chicago
CHICAGO (Reuters) - The Grateful Dead gave what they say will be their last group performance on Sunday, playing to some 70,000 singing, dancing and tearful fans in Chicago's Soldier Field.
- Box Office: 'Inside Out' Provides Fourth of July Fireworks Over 'Terminator,' 'Magic Mike XXL'
LOS ANGELES (Variety.com) - "Inside Out" delivered the firepower at the five-day holiday weekend box office as it finished in first ahead of "Jurassic World" and new entries "Terminator: Genisys" and "Magic Mike XXL."
- Arctic Monkeys, Duran Duran honored at Silver Clef Awards
LONDON (Reuters) - From heavy metal rockers Iron Maiden to classical singers Il Divo, musicians of all kind were honored at the O2 Silver Clef Awards on Friday, gathering for the annual luncheon that raises money for a British musical therapy charity.
- Rapper Sean Combs avoids assault charges in UCLA kettlebell incident
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rapper Sean "P. Diddy" Combs will not face assault charges stemming from an incident involving a kettlebell weight at the University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles city officials said on Thursday.
- Jada Pinkett Smith on being the feminist force of 'Magic Mike XXL'
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - From playing the villainous, manipulative Fish Mooney on Fox's Batman origins TV series "Gotham" to an empowering erotic club owner in "Magic Mike XXL," Jada Pinkett Smith is no stranger to taking on strong female characters on screen.
- Comic-Con International to stay in San Diego for now, spurning L.A.
(Reuters) - Comic-Con International will remain in San Diego through 2018, despite an effort by the city of Los Angeles to attract one of the world's top conventions for comic books and pop culture, officials said on Thursday.
- Rolling Stones to stage major career exhibit at London gallery
LONDON (Reuters) - Veteran rockers The Rolling Stones will put on their first major exhibition looking at their more than 50 years in music at a London gallery next year, showcasing some 500 items including original stage designs, guitars and costumes.
- Trump's Miss USA pageant finds new broadcaster after NBC drops show
(Reuters) - The independent U.S. cable network REELZ will telecast the Miss USA pageant on July 12, the company announced on Thursday, stepping in after NBC dropped plans to broadcast the show because of inflammatory remarks about Mexican immigrants made by co-owner and U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump.
- Tycoon Vincent Bollore takes aim at French satire show
PARIS (Reuters) - French billionaire Vincent Bollore, chairman of media group Vivendi, faced a political backlash on Thursday following reports he wants to shut down a satirical TV show renowned for its attacks on the country's elite.
- Inspired by Spice Girls, Britain's Little Mix eye movie next
LONDON (Reuters) - Taking inspiration from the Spice Girls, whose popularity endures 15 years after the group split, British all-girl pop band Little Mix say they would like their version of the 1997 "Spice World" movie.
- » Next 10 Headlines