- Arizona man says he beheaded wife 'to get the evil out': police
PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona man who admitted to decapitating his wife and her two dogs in a bloody incident last month in Phoenix told authorities he was attempting "to get the evil out" of her, according to court documents released on Monday.
- Lame Massachusetts chicken to get 3-D printer prosthetic leg
BOSTON (Reuters) - One Massachusetts chicken is about to get a costly leg up on life - a $2,500 prosthetic limb made on a 3-D printer.
- No plans to probe hitchhiking robot vandalism: Philadelphia police
HARRISBURG, Pa. (Reuters) - Philadelphia police said on Monday they will not investigate the weekend vandalism that ended an experimental robot's attempted hitchhiking trip across the United States unless the Canadian universities that own it file a criminal complaint.
- China investigating liquor suppliers for Viagra in alcohol
BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese police are investigating if two distillers in the southwestern region of Guangxi added impotence treatment drug Viagra to their liquor in the latest food-safety scare in China.
- Texas man shoots armadillo, gets hit in face by bullet ricochet
DALLAS (Reuters) - An East Texas man was wounded after he fired a gun at an armadillo in his yard and the bullet ricocheted back to hit him in his face, the county sheriff said on Friday.
- Wild turkey sparks hunt for angry bird at University of Michigan
DETROIT (Reuters) - A wild turkey is ruffling feathers at the University of Michigan, chasing pedestrians and cyclists, sneaking into dorms and even causing traffic delays by lying down in the middle of streets.
- Ohio man must spend two days in jail for petting zoo cougars
CLEVELAND (Reuters) - An Ohio man who posted a video of himself petting cougars at a Columbus zoo appealed no contest to a trespassing charge on Wednesday and has to spend two days in jail and pay more than $200 in fines, court documents said.
- Fugitive-turned-actor arrested after U.S. Marshals read film write-up
SEATTLE (Reuters) - A fugitive bank-robber-turned-actor has been arrested in Washington state after U.S. agents spotted his picture in a newspaper article about a low-budget horror film in which he plays an evil doctor, an official said on Monday.
- Stowaway cat 'Lucky' to be alive in sunken boat
PHOENIX (Reuters) - A brown and black shorthair cat now named "Lucky" is one fortunate feline after managing to survive while trapped under water for at least an hour inside a sunken powerboat in Arizona.
- Lion sighted in Milwaukee, police close streets in area
MILWAUKEE (Reuters) - Police closed off streets near a park in north Milwaukee on Saturday night after reports of a "lion-like animal," which came days after people said they had a seen a lion prowling city streets.
- » Next 10 Headlines