- Milwaukee man pronounced dead, then moves and breathes - authorities
(Reuters) - First responders preparing to take the body of a Milwaukee man pronounced dead to the morgue got a jolt when the man suddenly began moving and noticeably breathing, authorities said on Friday.
- Could another English king be buried under a car park?
LONDON (Reuters) - Just three years after the extraordinary discovery of King Richard III under a car park, researchers think another medieval English monarch might be found buried beneath a parking lot and are hoping to find him.
- Bowwow wow! Dog domestication much older than previously known
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Genetic information from a 35,000-year-old wolf bone found below a frozen cliff in Siberia is shedding new light on humankind's long relationship with dogs, showing canine domestication may have occurred earlier than previously thought.
- Arizona woman gets 3.5 years prison for driving over non-voting husband
PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona woman was sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison on Thursday for running over her husband with the family car because he failed to vote in the 2012 presidential election, court officials said.
- After 72 years, Oklahoma veteran to receive high school diploma
OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - An Oklahoma man who dropped out of high school to fight in World War Two will receive his diploma on Thursday, an accomplishment that took 72 years to complete.
- German police find lamb in a Munich brothel, and rescue it
BERLIN (Reuters) - German police detained a 25-year-old prostitute for keeping a three-week-old lamb named Birke as a pet in a Munich brothel, police said in a statement.
- 'Top 10' new species includes cartwheeling spider, 'chicken from hell'
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Some 18,000 species, great and small, were discovered in 2014, adding to the 2 million already known, scientists said on Thursday, as they released a "Top 10" list that highlights the diversity of life.
- Deceased councilwoman in Pittsburgh wins Democratic primary
PITTSBURGH (Reuters) - A councilwoman who died earlier this month easily defeated the only other candidate on the ballot for the Pennsylvania county that includes Pittsburgh, results showed on Wednesday.
- Stuffed tiger strapped to SUV prompts 911 call in Washington state
SEATTLE (Reuters) - Police in Washington state said on Wednesday they had responded to an emergency call about a Bengal tiger lounging on top of a car, but it turned out the cat was actually a big stuffed animal.
- To heel or not to heel, that is the Cannes question
(This story corrects the translation of Fremaux quote in the third paragraph to say 'tuxedo', not 'smoking')
- » Next 10 Headlines