Saudi military jets take off from airbase in Southern Saudi Arabia to bomb targets in Yemen. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).
ROUGH CUT (NO REPORTER NARRATION) STORY: Saudi Arabia and its allies continued to carry out an air campaign against Houthi militia in Yemen, a handout video appeared to show. Footage provided by the Saudi-led coalition forces showed military jets taking off from an unknown airbase in southern Saudi Arabia towards Yemen on Tuesday (March 31) and in the early hours of Wednesday (April 1). The operation by Saudi Arabia and other Sunni Muslim states aims to prevent the Iran-allied Houthi militia and former president Ali Abdullah Saleh from winning control of Yemen. They instead want to reinstate Saudi-backed President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi. However after the week-long campaign targeting Houthis and forces loyal to Saleh, the coalition has failed to secure Hadi's control over his last remaining enclave in the southern port of Aden, a key aim of the campaign. UNICEF said that at least 62 children had been killed and 30 wounded in the violence over the past week, and the United Nations said an attack on a refugee camp in northern Yemen, which medics blamed on an air strike, broke international law. Not including Wednesday's toll, 103 civilians and fighters had been killed in the city since clashes began last Tuesday, Aden-based NGO the Field Medical Organization said.