The shooters in San Bernardino had been radicalized ''for some time'' but there was no evidence so far of an international plot, said FBI Los Angeles Assistant Director in Charge, David Bowdich. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).
ROUGH CUT (NO REPORTER NARRATION) The couple who carried out an attack on a San Bernardino County employee party last week that killed 14 people had been radicalized "for some time" but there was no evidence so far of an international plot, an FBI official said on Monday. Investigators were working to determine when and why U.S.-born Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and his Pakistani wife, Tashfeen Malik, 29, began plotting the Dec. 2 attack, FBI Assistant Director in Charge David Bowdich told reporters. Most San Bernardino County workers returned to work on Monday for the first time since the massacre that President Barack Obama has called an act of terrorism, county officials said at a news conference. Staff from the county's environmental health department, where Farook worked as an inspector, were expected to return to work Dec. 14. The Federal Bureau of Investigation continued to seek a motive for the attack by Farook and Malik. Agents believe the couple had been planning more violence because of their cache of ammunition and pipe bombs.